Register Now for May 15 Green Solutions Conference at Atlantic Cape
March 26, 2012
Time is running out to register for Atlantic Cape Community College’s Green Solutions Conference for the Restaurant Industry, 8 a.m.-noon, Tuesday, May 15, at the Academy of Culinary Arts, room M-129, 5100 Black Horse Pike, in Mays Landing.
Industry experts will discuss how to integrate sustainability into your culture, the cost of doing nothing, practical green solutions for small and large operations and how to implement a “buy local” produce plan and green-influenced kitchen design.
Conference highlights include:
· Keynote presentation, “In the Relentless Pursuit of Excellence in a Greener Economy,” by Fernando Salazar, vice president of food and beverage at Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
· Keynote presentation, “How to Start & Sustain a Recycling Program,” by Rick Dovey, president of Atlantic County Utilities Authority
· Panel discussion, “Greener Solutions for Larger Restaurant Operations – Case Studies”
· Panel discussion, “Proven Greener Solutions in a Smaller Restaurant Operation”
· Panel discussion, “Ideas and ROI in Sustainable Kitchen Design for New and Existing Kitchens”
· Closing remarks, “Impacting the ‘Greener’ Future of the Restaurant Industry,” by Dean Kelly McClay of the Academy of Culinary Arts at Atlantic Cape
A networking session with a continental breakfast will kick off the event. Participants will also have an opportunity to explore green vendor tables and exhibits.
The conference is presented by Atlantic Cape Community College’s Green Education Institute and the Academy of Culinary Arts, and partnered with the Atlantic County Utilities Authority, JEM Associates, Cape May County Chamber of Commerce and the Atlantic City Hotel & Lodging Association.