Foundation Board Names Six New Members, Re-elects Officers
May 21, 2007The Atlantic Cape Community College Foundation board added six members and re-elected officers at its annual meeting April 12.
Joining the 32-member board are:
- Dr. Nirmala Basavanand, Atlantic City, a private practice physician specializing in asthma, allergy and immunology. She is an active member of the ACCC Foundation Golf Committee and was instrumental in the Tee It Up For Nurses fundraising efforts.
- Vicki Clark, Cape May, executive director of the Cape May County Chamber of Commerce. She serves as an active member of the Foundation's Restaurant Gala Committee and is a board member of the N.J. Travel Industry Association, the Lower Cape May Regional School Board and the Atlantic Cape May Workforce Investment Board.
- Justine Coyle, Egg Harbor Township, assistant vice president at Commerce Bank's English Creek branch, she is active with the Foundation's Restaurant Gala Committee and volunteers as a board member for the Disabilities Resource Center.
- Mark Hall, Linwood, regional vice president for Newfield National Bank with marketing responsibilities in Atlantic and Cape May counties. He volunteers with the Atlantic County Chamber of Commerce and is active on its Economic Development Committee.
- Roman P. Osadchuck, North Wildwood, is the founder and owner of RPO Realty in Wildwood. He was active in the Foundation's Golf event last year and supported the Restaurant Gala. He has been involved with the arts and cultural community and has received numerous awards for his active volunteer work.
- Jennifer P. Young, Woolwich, external affairs director for Verizon Communications. Through this position she has built relationships with businesses and non-profit organizations across South Jersey. She has 17 years of corporate experience and is affiliated with numerous organizations, serving on the executive committee of the Southern New Jersey Development Council and on the boards of the Atlantic City Hotel and Lodging Association and Cape May County Chamber of Commerce.
Also returned for a second term were Nick Cashan III of Hammonton and Joanne D. Kay Esq. of Wildwood Crest.
Foundation officers, who are serving two-year terms ending in 2008, include Lynda Pagliughi of Avalon, president; Frank Forde of Absecon, regional officiating coordinator, vice president for Atlantic County; Charles Pessagno of Cape May, president of the NIA Group, vice president for Cape May County; Dennis Stacy of Somers Point, American Express financial advisor, treasurer; and Stephen R. Nehmad, Egg Harbor Township, a partner in the law firm of Perskie Nehmad & Perillo, secretary.
In its history, the Foundation has raised nearly $2 million for college scholarships, academic programs and enhancing the campus environment, including more than $245,000, this year from the 2007 Press of Atlantic City Restaurant Gala. It has allocated close to $210,000 for 2007-2008 scholarships.
Founded in 1978 as an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, the Atlantic Cape Community College Foundation is dedicated to serving the mission of ACCC by providing financial support to the college and its students. Foundation funds provide college scholarships to students with financial need, capital for campus improvements, and cultural and educational programs.