Procedure No. 601.2
Area: Finance Department
Description: Cashier Checkout
The following are the steps that should be taken by all cashiers:
1. At the end of the day print the cashier's checkout screen (your 410 screen).
2. At the end of the day or the start of the next working day you must have your cash drawer "counted down" by another staff member.
3. The person who counted down your cash drawer must fill their portion of the Cash Counted Down Sheet and return it to you, along with your cash drawer. (See 602.2 - Supplement 1)
4. Use the cashier's checkout screen (your 410 screen) to balance your cash, checks, money orders, and credit card deposits. (If both your cash and checks are off by the same amount, it usually means you have a cash receipt recorded as a check, etc.)
5. The Cash Counted Down Sheet will be given to the manager who will use the bottom of the form to reconcile the cashier bank deposit before forwarding it to the bank.
6. If the amount should differ, the Cash Over/Short Procedures would apply. (See 601.4)
Procedures:Cash Counted Down Sheet Supplement 1, No. 601.2
Returned Checks No. 601.3
Cash Over/Short No. 601.4
Cash Over/Short Log Supplement 1, No. 601.4
Student Accounts No. 601.5
Student Loans No. 601.6
Student Scholarships and Grants No. 601.7
Payment Plan No. 601.8
Chargeback Certificates for Non-County Residents No. 601.9
Refund No. 601.10
Renegotiating Perkins Loans No. 601.11
Renegotiated Payment Agreement Supplement 1, No. 601.11
Back to the Policies and Procedures Main Menu