Procedure No. 702.2
Area: Business Services
Revisions Approved: 08/04/99
Description: The Requisition Process For Non-Perishable Purchases
1. The purchasing function for the entire College is centralized, which means that all departments will obtain supplies, equipment, and outside services through the Purchasing Department.
2. Requests for purchases are made on a Requisition form or via the Electronic Purchase Order System.
The College has installed an Electronic Purchase Order System. The system supports the procurement process by providing the capability to reserve funds for requisitions, consolidate requisitions for ordering, generate purchase orders from requisitions, verify the availability of funds for encumbrance and support maintenance of procurement data file.
- The system maintains an on line requisition/purchase order data set.
- The systems feeds into the FRS to allow encumbrance of funds.
- The system provides on-line enquiry for the status of individual requisitions, purchase orders and vendors.
- The system supports accounts payable and receiving functions.
All requisitions must contain the following information before being sent to
the Purchasing Office (see corresponding letter codes on examples).
- Date of requisition.
- Type of requisition.
- Quantity to be ordered.
- Description of the item to be requested.
- Department and budget number.
- Department/division signatures.
- Signature of appropriate dean or President if required.
- Signature of Director of Business Services.
- Estimated price if known.
- Delivery address.
3. Required Approval: Each requisition must have signatures of the requisitioner, a department or division chairperson, and the Director of Business Services before the requisition is transferred to a purchase order.
4. Scope of Responsibility: It is the responsibility of the requisitioner to describe accurately what is wanted, to complete the entire requisition request, and to obtain the necessary signatures within the department/division. It is the responsibility of the Purchasing Office to act diligently upon each requisition, following regulations for purchasing by state institutions. Except when cooperation is agreed to by the Purchasing Office, the requisitioner should not have dealings with suppliers.
Procedures:Methods of Purchase No. 702.3
Purchase Order Preparation for Non-Perishables No. 702.4
Purchase Order Distribution for Non-Perishables No. 702.5
Purchase Order Change Notice for Non-Perishables No. 702.6
Central Receiving for Non-Perishable Supplies & Equipment No. 702.7
Management of Perishables No. 702.8
Perishable Storeroom Basic Daily Receiving Procedures No. 702.9
Goods Received Without Invoice Supplement 1, No. 702.9
Request for Credit MemoSupplement 2, No. 702.9
Central Stores Non-Perishables No. 702.10
Central Stores Distribution No. 702.11
Print Shop No. 702.12
Mail Room No. 702.13
See Also:Information Technology Services Policy No. 404
Information Technology Services Procedure No. 404.1
Back to the Policies and Procedures Main Menu