Procedure No. 702.3
Area: Business Services
Revisions Approved: 08/28/01
Revisions Approved: 11/20/07
Description: Methods of Purchase
1. By direct purchase orders based on informal quotations:
- Only for purchases under $6,020.
2. By solicitation of formal quotations (at least three):
- Mandatory for purchases between $6,020 and $30,100 and the preferred method
for smaller orders.
- Also used for larger orders that may be exempt from formal bidding.
3. By competitive bid:
- M andatory for purchases of goods or services whose total cost is expected to exceed $30,100.
4. By Pay to Play Regulations
- Mandatory for any purchase (cumulative or single) for a single vendor totaling $17,500, but less than $30,100, unless awarded through a Fair and Open process (Bid Sealed Quote, RFP)
5. Business Registration Certification
- Mandatory for vendors whose purchase(s) are $4,515 (cumulative or single) or greater.
Price, delivery, and discount will be taken into account in the placement of orders. Purchase orders will be awarded to the lowest responsible bidder unless there are unusual extenuating circumstances. Positive effort will be made to deal with local suppliers before seeking sources elsewhere.
When orders can be filled under state contracts, the quotation and bidding procedures are not needed.
Procedures:Purchase Order Preparation for Non-Perishables No. 702.4
Purchase Order Distribution for Non-Perishables No. 702.5
Purchase Order Change Notice for Non-Perishables No. 702.6
Central Receiving for Non-Perishable Supplies & Equipment No. 702.7
Management of Perishables No. 702.8
Perishable Storeroom Basic Daily Receiving Procedures No. 702.9
Goods Received Without Invoice Supplement 1, No. 702.9
Request for Credit MemoSupplement 2, No. 702.9
Central Stores Non-Perishables No. 702.10
Central Stores Distribution No. 702.11
Print Shop No. 702.12
Mail Room No. 702.13
Back to the Policies and Procedures Main Menu