Procedure No. 702.6
Area: Business Services
Description: Purchase Order Change Notice For Non-Perishables
I. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
It is the responsibility of the Purchasing Department to coordinate and prepare all change notices for previously issued purchase orders.
II. MINIMUM CHANGE NOTICE REQUIREMENTS
- All purchase order change notices must, when applicable, have the following
information displayed on the document.
- A. Place the number of the original purchase order in this
field. Above the number, assign a change notice number, e.g., change notice
- B. Name and address of the particular vendor. Show to
whose attention the change notice is being sent if required by the said
- C. All change notices must show a date. This date is the
actual date that the change to the original contract went into effect.
- D. Vendor number if displayed on the original order.
- E. Regardless of the type of change involved, the
department field is to be completed for proper delivery.
- F. Each change notice will display the same nine digit
department charge number that is shown on the original purchase order.
- G. Item number that is to be affected by the change
- H. Show the quantity ordered even though it is not a part
of the change.
- I.; J. If the unit price is changed, the unit's total
price is to be shown.
- K. Discounts are to be shown if the same action occurred on the original purchase order.
- No purchase order change notice may be given to a vendor without the signature of the Director of Business Services.
Procedures:Central Receiving for Non-Perishable Supplies & Equipment No. 702.7
Management of Perishables No. 702.8
Perishable Storeroom Basic Daily Receiving Procedures No. 702.9
Goods Received Without Invoice Supplement 1, No. 702.9
Request for Credit MemoSupplement 2, No. 702.9
Central Stores Non-Perishables No. 702.10
Central Stores Distribution No. 702.11
Print Shop No. 702.12
Mail Room No. 702.13
Back to the Policies and Procedures Main Menu