Procedure No. 808.1
Area: Human Resources
A. Criteria to qualify as a retired employee:
- 1. Ten years of employment at the time of
- 2. Announced intention of retirement at time of separation
from active service at Atlantic Cape Community College.
- 3. Application filed for retirement benefits in accordance with State of New Jersey Division of Pension regulations.
B. Office of Retired Employee Advocate
College will provide space for an Office of Retired Employee Advocate. The office will be staffed on a volunteer basis and will receive advisory support from Human Resources. The functions of this office will be:
- 1. Maintenance of a current address list of
- 2. Insure that retirees are informed of activities of
interest, e.g. college announcements, publications, course schedules, events,
- 3. Encourage participation in scholarship contributions,
special funds, and events.
- 4. Provide advice and counsel on benefits of interest to
- 5. Assure that invitations are extended to employees
entering retired status for recognition by the Board of Trustees.
- 6. Assist in determining ways retirees can participate of become involved with Atlantic Cape activities as volunteers, consultants, or advisory members of appropriate committee.
C. Available services and facilities:
- 1. Retirees will have access to and use of the College
Learning Resource Center on a space available basis.
- 2. Xerox-type reproduction equipment for personal use of
the retirees at cost through the facilities of the Office of Retired Employees
- 3. Athletic facilities, including tennis courts, may be
utilized on a space available basis.
- 4. A discount at the college bookstore will be available
to the retiree upon presentation of college I.D.
- 5. Special arrangements for use of other facilities may be requested through the Office of Retired Employee Advocate.
D. Organization of Atlantic Cape Retired Employees:
- 1. As stated in paragraph B., Atlantic Cape Community College will support the establishment of the Office of Retired Employee Advocate to establish a liaison between the college and the organization of Atlantic Cape Retired Employees.
E. Part-time teaching:
- 1. The college may offer qualified retirees employment in
teaching on a semester part-time basis.
- 2. Retirees will notify the Office of Retired Employee Advocate if they are interested.
See Also:Board of Trustees Policy No. 9
Back to the Policies and Procedures Main Menu