Procedure No. 910.1
Area: Facilities Management
A. ALUMINUM CANS
- Facilities Management will place collection containers throughout the campus at convenient and heavy usage locations.
- Containers shall be emptied when full and the contents transported to a holding area behind the cafeteria or "I" Building. ACUA shall provide weekly pick-up.
- ALL EMPLOYEES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DEPOSITING ALUMINUM CANS IN THE PROPER COLLECTION CONTAINERS LABELED "ALUMINUM CANS ONLY".
- The consistent producers of cardboard have been identified as shipping and receiving, perishable stores, bookstore and cafeteria.
- The collection sites shall be located behind the cafeteria and outside shipping and receiving.
- ALL USERS AND RECEIVERS SHALL FLATTEN CARDBOARD CONTAINERS AND STACK THEM NEATLY IN ONE OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED DESIGNATED AREAS.
- The ACUA shall pick up the accumulated cardboard.
- Area coordinators will be identified for the purpose of educating employees on how the program works, distribute recycling folders, answer recycling related questions and encourage participation.
- Collection containers shall be placed at convenient locations throughout the buildings. All office and computer paper is to be placed in the containers.
- Containers shall be emptied when full and transported to a holding area behind the cafeteria or "I" Building for pick up by ACUA.
- ALL EMPLOYEES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DEPOSITING WHITE OFFICE PAPER AND COMPUTER PAPER IN THE PROPER COLLECTION CONTAINERS LABELED "RECYCLABLE PAPER".
D. MOTOR OIL, FILTERS, ANTI-FREEZE AND BATTERIES
- All vehicle batteries shall be returned to vendor at time of purchasing replacement.
- Oil, filters and anti-freeze shall be stored in 55 gallon drums until full. They will be removed and transported for recycling by outside vendor. Vendor shall provide manifest.
E. ASSORTED METALS
- Material will be taken to local salvage yards and sold for the current rate per pound.
Back to the Policies and Procedures Main Menu