About the ACA
The Academy of Culinary Arts is an ideal place to prepare for your future in the culinary industry. We educate more culinary students each year than any other New Jersey culinary school. But we’re still small enough to know your name and care about your success. Academy of Culinary Arts credentials command respect in the culinary world, smoothing the way to a job or more education. Our informal network of alumni scattered around the globe makes it easy to network whenever you’re looking for an externship, a job, or a job change. Put simply, we’re here to help you taste success!
Why Study Here?
- More jobs requesting our graduates than graduates to fill them.
- Alumni throughout the world – an informal network for internships, externships, and jobs.
- Your training at the Academy will prepare you for endless career possibilities.
- Flexible programs that let you match your dream to the right level of education.
- Small classes and individualized instruction.
- Faculty members who care about your success.
- Morning, afternoon and evening classes allow you to choose a schedule that works for you.
- A mix of classes, hands-on labs, training at our on-campus restaurant, real world externship experience, an organic greenhouse & herb garden and special activities.
- Transfer agreements with some of the nation’s finest hospitality schools.
- Optional study or externships abroad.
- Lower cost than you’d expect to pay for a high-quality program.
- Full financial packages and help to make them work for you.
About 300 students attend school here each year. You’ll learn alongside a wide mix of people – from recent high school graduates and young college students to older adults who are here to make a career change or upgrade their skills. Most are from New Jersey’s southern and central counties.
We have the right educational accreditations to signify quality to culinary employers and help you qualify for financial aid programs. Our accredited courses count toward four-year college programs. The ACA is accredited by the American Culinary Federation and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The Academy is affiliated with the National Restaurant Association Education Foundation, the National Restaurant Association, the American Culinary Federation and others.
Number of students: 300
Administration: Dean, Director of Culinary Operations and three full-time staff
Faculty: 13 full time and some adjuncts.
Size of culinary campus: Nearly 29,000 square feet