Scholarships at the Academy
The Academy offers many scholarships for new and returning students on a semester basis. Typically, awards range from $500 to $3,000, with one full-tuition scholarship available annually to a new student who meets the criteria. There are also scholarships available to a limited number of students who meet the eligibility guidelines and are accepted to the Academy as new students for the fall or spring semester, click here for an application. Other ACA scholarships for incoming students are available here.
Scholarship funds are raised through special events, private donations or on-campus activities.
Academy scholarships include
- The Atlantic Cape Community College Restaurant Gala Scholarships. Over $100,000 was awarded last year.
- Vince deFinis Restaurant Gala Scholarship
- Chaine des Rotisseurs Scholarship
- Frances M. Zaberer Foundation Scholarships
- William Sprinzing Endowment Scholarship
- Atlantic City Hotel & Lodging Scholarships
- Bob Friend Scholarship of Culinary Arts
- Joseph R. Dougherty Memorial Scholarship
- Major League Management Scholarship
- Atlantic City Restaurant Association Scholarship
- Careme's Scholarship
- Michael John Brown Memorial Scholarships
- V. Lawrence Brice Endowment Scholarship
Annual campaign scholarship applications are accepted during late fall and early winter, with forms available on-line and in the college's Financial Aid office and the Academy office. Awards are made at the Scholarship and Awards Ceremony in May, when the recipient is invited to meet the scholarship donor.
Other Scholarship Sources
American Culinary Federation (ACF)
180 Center Place Way
St. Augustine, FL 32085
- Call for local chapter information on scholarships
- Apprenticeship program
- National level scholarships
American Institute of Wine & Food (AIWF)
1303 Jefferson Street, Suite 100-B
Napa, CA 94559
Phone (800) 274-AIWF (2493)
Fax (707) 255-1926
- This umbrella trade organization produces “A Guide to College Programs” in Hospitality & Tourism that lists available scholarships.
Les Dames d'Escoffier
304 W. Liberty St., Suite 305
San Francisco, CA 94104
- Awards scholarships and assists women with culinary education
- Chapters in most major cities
Educational Foundation of the NRA (National Restaurant Association)
175 West Jackson Blvd., Suite 1500
Chicago, IL 60604-2702
- Offers scholarships for management training, as well as educational video training sessions, seminars, and opportunities for persons in the hospitality industry.
International Association of Culinary Professionals Foundation (IACPF)
Trina Gribbins, Director of Administration
304 W. Liberty Street, Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40202
Phone: 502/581-9786 ext. 264
- Awards scholarships on an annual cycle, with an application deadline of December 1 for scholarships beginning the following July 1.
International Food Service Executives Association (IFSEA)
836 San Bruno Ave.
Henderson, NV 89015
Toll Free: 888-234-3732
- This group provides scholarships of its own and also provides information about scholarships offered by other organizations.
International Food Service Editorial Council (IFEC)
P.O. Box 491
Hyde Park, NY 12538
- Awards between four and six scholarships annually to persons seeking careers that combine food service and communications.
James Beard Foundation, Inc.
167 W. 12th St.
New York, NY 10011
- Organization of food professionals, devoted to the ideals and principles of a legendary American cook and writer James Beard.
- Awards a number of substantial scholarships each year. The application deadline is March 1 and awards are made in early May.