Keeping our Alumni informed of Atlantic Cape activities
- Distinguished Coach Aims High for U.S. Intercollegiate Archery Championships
- Alumni Updates
- ACA 'Lick Hunger' Ice Cream Flavors Sold Locally
- ACCC’s New Health Professions Institute Opens May 23
- Gourmet Gala to Benefit Former ACA Chef Educator Bill Bailey
- ACF Accrediting Team Visits ACA; Accreditation Decision to Come in July
- ACCC Students Get Younger, College Responds to Growing Needs
- Interested in Earning More Credits? Register Now for Summer, Fall Classes
- Restaurant Gala Celebrates 25 Years, Raises $200,000 for Scholarships
- Variety of Fun, Informative Workshops on Tap This Summer
- ACA’s Bruce Johns Named Educator of the Year
- Remember ACCC in Your Will
- Benefits of Membership
- Fall 2011
- Summer 2011
- Fall 2010
- Spring 2009
- Winter 2009
- Fall 2008
- Summer 2008
- Spring 2008
- Winter 2008
- Fall 2007
- Summer 2007
- Spring 2007
- Winter 2006
- Fall 2006
- Summer 2006
- Spring 2006
Atlantic Cape salutes its sustaining sponsors
Restaurant Gala Celebrates 25 Years, Raises $200,000 for Scholarships
The Press of Atlantic City Restaurant Gala marked its 25th anniversary with a dining feast featuring 40 of the best restaurants from the region and a detailed “Reflections” theme. The event raised $200,000 for student scholarships at the Academy of Culinary Arts and ACCC.
Academy students prepare to serve hors d’oeuvres at the Restaurant Gala. The 25th anniversary event raised $200,000 for student scholarships.
Nearly 900 people attended the April 3 Gala at the Atlantic City Convention Center. The event showcased the talents of the ACA’s culinary students, who prepared thousands of sumptuous hot and cold hors d’oeuvres served during cocktail hour. The ACA students and chef educators received a standing ovation from the attendees during the dinner reception. A dessert extravaganza capped off the evening.
A 50/50 raffle brought in more than $17,000 for college scholarships. The first prize of $10,380 went to Jane Osborne and Harry Peek of Wildwood; second prize winner Charles Pessagno of Cape May received $5,190; and third prize winner John Celestino of Linwood received $1,730. Winning amounts were based on 346 tickets sold.
A woman enjoys the decadent desserts during the Gala’s Dessert Extravaganza.
Held annually, the Gala has served as the premier black-tie fundraising event in South Jersey for 25 years. It has raised nearly $2 million in its history for ACA scholarships. The 26th annual Gala will be held March 12, 2009, at Bally’s Atlantic City. For more information, visit www.atlantic.edu/gala.