Keeping our Alumni informed of Atlantic Cape activities
- ACCC Seeks Alumni Success Stories
- Rutgers to Expand Degree Programs to ACCC’s Mays Landing Campus
- Academy Celebrates 25 Years of Culinary Excellence
- Alumni Updates
- A Vision for Excellence: A Fund-Raising Event Sept. 29
- Online Auction to Feature Arts, Crafts and Entertainment
- Golf Tournament to Benefit ACCC Students on Oct. 13
- Archery Team Wins National Recurve Title
- ACCC Breaks Ground on Health Professions Institute
- Register Now for Fall Courses at ACCC
- ACCC Announces Fall Continuing Education Classes
- Annual Appeal Funds to Help Nursing Students
- Planning a Wedding? Put ACCC on the Registry
- Benefits of Membership
- Fall 2011
- Summer 2011
- Fall 2010
- Spring 2009
- Winter 2009
- Fall 2008
- Summer 2008
- Spring 2008
- Winter 2008
- Fall 2007
- Summer 2007
- Spring 2007
- Winter 2006
- Fall 2006
- Summer 2006
- Spring 2006
Atlantic Cape salutes its sustaining sponsors
Academy Celebrates 25 Years of Culinary Excellence
Restaurants across the nation from Boston to Hawaii, around the world in London and Indonesia, and in our own backyard from Atlantic City to Philadelphia, feature chefs trained at the Academy of Culinary Arts during the past 25 years.
The ACA has trained nearly 2,500 chefs since opening in 1981.
Nearly 2,500 chefs completed training at the ACA since it opened in 1981. These alumni are now leaders in major restaurants and hotels, at resorts and on cruise lines, and in their own catering businesses and restaurants. To help celebrate this milestone, the ACA is planning a series of events throughout the year, including special dinners this fall in Careme’s, the student-run restaurant. On Oct. 6, Oct. 27, Nov. 3 and Dec. 8, Careme’s will bring back its original restaurant menu and prices. On Oct. 9, Oct. 30, Nov. 6 and Dec. 11, alumni will return to prepare featured menu items from their own restaurants at Careme’s. Chefs will be announced.
Each year the ACA graduates nearly 100 new chefs who completed training in Culinary Arts, Baking and Pastry, and Food Service Management. Additionally, the ACA trains dozens more in short-term programs focusing on Hot Food, Catering, Baking and Pastry, and Food Service Management, as well as specialized training with casino partners.
For reservations at Careme’s, call (609) 343-4940. To join the Alumni Association and learn about more 25th anniversary events, visit http://www.atlantic.edu/aca/alumniSubForm.htm.