Keeping our Alumni informed of Atlantic Cape activities
- Rutgers Adds New Degree Options at ACCC
- ACA Graduate Named Pastry Chef of the Year
- Expanding Opportunities for Students at Atlantic City Campus
- Alumni Updates
- Professor, Students Collect Books for African Village
- Oct. 5 Golf Tournament to Benefit Students
- Comcast Executive Reflects on Early Years at ACC
- Register Now for Fall Classes; 11 New Courses Scheduled
- ACCC Announces Fall Continuing Education Classes
- Online Auction to Feature Arts, Leisure and Entertainment
- Spotlight on Scholarships: A Fundraising Event
- ACCC Compound Archery No. 2 in the Country
- ACCC Awards 700 Degrees at Commencement, Honors Faculty
- Benefits of Membership
- Fall 2011
- Summer 2011
- Fall 2010
- Spring 2009
- Winter 2009
- Fall 2008
- Summer 2008
- Spring 2008
- Winter 2008
- Fall 2007
- Summer 2007
- Spring 2007
- Winter 2006
- Fall 2006
- Summer 2006
- Spring 2006
Atlantic Cape salutes its sustaining sponsors
Expanding Opportunities for Students at Atlantic City Campus
New and returning students at ACCC’s Charles D. Worthington Atlantic City Campus will find more opportunities at the expanding campus this fall than ever before. Changes to courses and infrastructure will provide students new education options, greater access to technology, and amenities like a revamped cafeteria and student center. Highlights include:
- Degree completion: Students can earn a degree without leaving Atlantic City. All courses to complete an Associate in Science in General Studies are offered at WACC.
- A new student center where students can relax between classes. Equipped with a large screen television, arcade games, ping pong and other social activities aimed at making student life at WACC more enjoyable, the lounge will be ready for the fall 2007 semester.
- A renovated cafeteria that will offer hot foods in addition to vending machines and snacks.
- Full-service counseling, academic advisement and career planning in the relocated ACCESS Center.
Other services will be available beginning in spring 2008, including:
- A full-service information commons, including a library with room for more than 20,000 books, a computer lab and math and writing labs.
- One-stop admissions center, including placement testing, registration and financial aid counseling.
- A new bookstore with expanded hours that will offer textbooks and school supplies.
- Additional parking in an expanded, gated parking lot.
- Casino games training in the redesigned Casino Career Institute.
Finally, in 2008, students can enroll in training programs offered in the renovated Health Professions Institute. This will occupy approximately 5,600 square feet and include a science lab, lecture classrooms and a computer center. Students will receive comprehensive auxiliary and allied health training for a number of health care careers, such as Surgical Technician, Certified Nurse Aide, Medical Terminology, Phlebotomy, Clinical Medical Assistant and Medical Administrative Office Specialist.
For more information on the programs offered at the Atlantic City Campus, visit www.atlantic.edu/wacc.