The Institute for Service Excellence (ISE) provides training to potential workers in retail, dining, tourism, hospitality, financial services and other service industry employers. The ISE provides learning opportunities for our clients to achieve improved financial prosperity, individual performance and productivity, and implementation and mastery of technology.
- Recruitment - Graduates of the ISE will receive credentials proving attainment of competencies in sales and service techniques. Our graduates will be ready for employment in a variety of service industries.
- Education and Training - Training at ISE is geared to providing potential employees the customer service, sales and computer skills needed to enter the field. Vocational English as a Second Language is available for individuals with Limited English Proficiency.
- Retention - By providing potential employees with strong sales and service skills, ISE will help the industry to reduce turnover rates.
- Career Advancement - Incumbent workers will have the opportunity through ISE to upgrade their skills and prepare for career advancement. Upward mobility programs will provide employees with skills for higher wages and advanced careers.
The Institute for Service Excellence helps…
- Employers find trained, motivated, professional employees and associates.
- Workers build customer service skills and credentials to succeed and advance in service sector careers.
- Trainees develop valuable skills for entry-level employment while meeting academic goals.
- Educators work with employers to prepare trainees with competencies and credentials for exciting new careers.
- Customers receive the highest level of customer service from nationally certified and trained workers.
The Institute for Service Excellence provides:
- Assessment of skills based on industry established sales and service skill standards.
- Access to public workforce system programs and services.
- Linkages to academic support and career advancement strategies.
- Career counseling and support services.
- Job bank, job fairs and placement services.
- Job preparation for non-English speaking populations.
The Institute for Service Excellence Certifications:
- Customer Service Certification: The National Professional Certification in Customer Service helps individuals demonstrate knowledge and skills in areas that employers value. Most participants are students, job seekers or current retail employees looking to take their careers to the next level. The credential is appropriate for anyone interested in obtaining a job or pursuing a career in retail and other industries that value customer service skills. If you’re job searching or looking to move up in the job you already have, this certification will give you an edge. This professional certification shows retail employers that you know how to: learn about products or services; assess customer needs; educate customers; meet customer needs and provide ongoing support. (National Retail Federation, 2014)
- Sales Certification: The National Professional Certification in Sales helps individuals demonstrate core sales skills that can be applied to careers in retail and other sales-focused industries. Most participants are students, job seekers or current retail employees looking to take their careers to the next level. The credential is appropriate for a broad range of entry-level through first-line supervisory positions across sales and service industries. If you’re job searching or looking to move up in the job you already have, this certification will show hiring managers you’re prepared to succeed. This professional certification shows retail employers that you know how to: prepare for selling; gain customer commitment and close a sale; develop and implement plans for selling and follow-up. (National Retail Federation, 2014)
- Retail Management Certification: The National Professional Certification in Retail Management helps existing and potential managers demonstrate knowledge and skills needed to grow in their retail careers. Most participants are retail employees looking to take their careers to the next level. The credential is appropriate for new sales managers and assistant managers, as well as anyone pursuing a management career in retail or a related industry. If you’re job searching or looking to move into a management or supervisory role, this certification will demonstrate your potential for long-term career and company growth. This professional certification validates knowledge in primary retail disciplines, including: Sales and customer service; merchandising; human resources; operations; administrative and financial accountability. (National Retail Federation, 2014)
- Retail Business Credential: The Professional Retail Business Credential helps industry partners and consultants demonstrate their understanding of key retail disciplines. This credential is appropriate for non-retailers working for solution providers and consulting firms, and can also be used by retail companies looking to assess new hires who don’t have prior retail experience. If you’re a consultant or industry partner who sells or markets to retailers, this credential will help you demonstrate your commitment to understanding retail clients’ needs and will allow you to better serve your clients in the retail industry. This professional certification shows retailers you understand core retail functions, including: retail operations; merchandising; sales and marketing; retail management and planning; the retail context and customer; the retail organization and human resources; warehousing and logistics. (National Retail Federation, 2014)
For additional information on the Institute for Service Excellence programs contact Sherwood Taylor at (609) 343-4816.