The Previti Family Scholarship Guidelines
About the Scholarship
- The Previti Family Scholarship is available to full-time students entering Atlantic Cape from Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Ocean or Salem counties.
- Students may continue to receive the Previti Family Scholarship through 5 semesters of undergraduate studies or up to 66 credits at Atlantic Cape Community College.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a resident of one of the following eight Southern New Jersey counties: Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Ocean or Salem.
- Graduate from high school within the year in which you apply for the scholarship and enroll in Atlantic Cape.
- Earn a high school GPA of 2.5 or better as demonstrated on high school transcript with mid-year senior rank.
- Apply for admission and attend Atlantic Cape Community College full time (12 credit minimum per semester).
- Demonstrate financial need (Applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
Continuing the Scholarship
To continue the Scholarship, recipients must:
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0.
- Enroll and maintain full-time enrollment (12 credits or more) as an undergraduate.
- The scholarship continues each academic year that the student attends as an undergraduate up to a maximum of 5 semesters or 66 credits. Please note: The amount of the scholarship may vary each academic year based on available funds.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship:
- Submit the Previti Family Scholarship application.
- Submit high school transcript.
- Apply for financial aid by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Write an essay describing your personal and professional goals and explain how a scholarship will assist you in achieving these goals. The essay should be between 250 and 500 words, typed, and double-spaced. A committee will review the applications and select the recipients.
- Scholarship Application Deadline: 4/15/14
- Recipients selected: May 2014
- Letter of intent due to Atlantic Cape: 6/1/14
- Enrollment Deadline: 7/1/14
About Lucille Previti Lupton and the Previti Family
Lucille (Previti) Lupton was born on December 13, 1934. She was a life long resident of Atlantic County, New Jersey. With her family, she owned and operated the beloved Italian restaurant MAC’s on Shore Road in Somers Point from 1946 to 2005. She was an avid golfer, a wine aficionado and a lover of fine food. She had strong ties to her community as a volunteer and a philanthropist. Through her estate, Lucille’s tradition of charitable giving lives on. The Previti Family Scholarship Endowment will support local individuals seeking higher education by providing financial assistance to Atlantic Cape students for years to come.
For more information contact Paula Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or (609) 343-5091.