This "Idea Page" will hopefully encourage you to explore ways you can use technology in your classrooms and online. These are links to articles, journals, and Web pages from schools around the globe who have success stories to tell about technology in the classroom. If you come across a link or reference you would like added to this list, please contact Michelle Perkins at ext. 5038.
Technology-Related Journals and Articles:
Link to our Library for access to full-text databases of thousands of journals and newspapers.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Converge Magazine "There is a revolution going on in education..."
- T.H.E Online This is the Web version of the T.H.E. Journal (Technological Horizons in Education).
- SyllabusWeb This is a free service from Syllabus Press, publishers of Syllabus magazine and producers of the annual Syllabus conference. This site contains useful information on technologies used to enhance education.
Distance Education and E-Learning Resources:
- The Atlantic Cape Best Practices Guidelines for Teaching Online (PDF)
- Flowchart of a typical week in an Online Course (PDF)
The links below point to resources for those involved in e-learning efforts in both academic and corporate environments:
Copyright and FairUse Guidelines for Teachers According to the Copyright Act of 1976, copyright owners have the exclusive right to reproduce, prepare derivative works, distribute, transfer ownership, rent, lend, perform or display their creations. However, fair use places a limit on these exclusive rights to promote free speech, learning, scholarly research and open discussion in accordance with the First Amendment. Read more about the Copyright and Fair Use Guidelines for Teachers by clicking on the above link.