Peach Tarte Tatin
Peach Tarte Tatin
- 4 ea. Fresh Peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 ea. Lemon, juiced
- 3 T Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cinnamon
- 1 piece Frozen Puff Pastry, defrosted
- Mix peaches and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat a 10-inch oven-proof frying pan, preferably nonstick, on the stove on medium heat. Melt the butter and sprinkle sugar evenly over it and cook until the sugar melts and turns an amber color. Carefully add the peaches and continue to cook for a few minutes, lowering the heat to medium-low. Arrange peaches so they are uniform and attractive in pan.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into a circle the size of the frying pan being used, and place on top of the cooking peaches, tucking edges on side of the pan with a small spatula.
- Place in oven and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let rest for a few minutes. Wearing oven mitts, carefully hold a large plate and the pan together and invert. Lift off the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve warm with ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
*Tarte can be made with apples or pears, but in step 2 they will need to cook a little longer.
The Academy of Culinary Arts has more than 25 years experience training professional chefs.
Our award-winning, international faculty teach the skills necessary to succeed in the fast-paced, competitive culinary industry.
At the Academy of Culinary Arts, you can work toward a degree, take specialized courses, or just develop basic job skills. We offer accredited degree programs and certificate programs, that you can take on a full- or part-time basis.
We offer a mix of classes, hands-on labs, training at our on-campus restaurant, real world externship experience, and special activities.
To learn more about the Academy, visit www.atlantic.edu/aca.
Turn up the heat in your kitchen by mastering new recipes and culinary skills through an Academy of Culinary Arts workshop.
These noncredit workshops are offered throughout the year in our professional kitchens. Topics range from holiday-themed entrees and desserts to Deep South cooking to healthy eating.
These workshops are open to all levels of experience. View a list of upcoming workshops and information on registering.