Flourless Chocolate Cake
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Yield: One 8-inch cake
- 3 ea. Fresh Egg Yolks
- 5 ea. Fresh Eggs
- 2 oz. Sugar (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 lb. Unsalted Butter (8 oz.)
- 1 lb. Bittersweet Chocolate (60-72%)
- 1 oz. Chocolate Liqueur (Optional or substitute your favorite liqueur)
- 1 oz. Dark Rum (Optional or substitute your favorite liqueur)
- Sugar and Butter (to prepare pan)
- Melt Chocolate and Butter in bowl over simmering water bath pot.
- Combine Yolks, Eggs and Sugar in 5-qt. mixing bowl.
- Whisk together and warm over water bath pot to 100 degrees.
- Place Egg mixture in 5-qt. mixer with whip attachment. Whip until mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Return Chocolate mixture to water bath pot to keep warm.
- Fold the Chocolate/Butter mixture into fluffy Egg mixture.
- Fold in combined Liqueurs.
- Place mix into buttered and sugared 8-inch cake pan.
- Place cake pan onto larger pan with 1-inch water.
- Bake in 300-degree oven until set, approximately 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove cake pan from water bath. Let water bath cool in oven.
- Unmold cake when cool. Top with Chocolate Ganache and fresh berries. Enjoy!
- 8 oz. Chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 oz. Heavy Cream
- Heat the Cream to just under a boil.
- Pour the Cream over the Chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir slowly to incorporate until smooth. Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Pour on top of cake.
The Academy of Culinary Arts has more than 25 years experience training professional chefs.
Our award-winning, international faculty teach the skills necessary to succeed in the fast-paced, competitive culinary industry.
At the Academy of Culinary Arts, you can work toward a degree, take specialized courses, or just develop basic job skills. We offer accredited degree programs and certificate programs, that you can take on a full- or part-time basis.
We offer a mix of classes, hands-on labs, training at our on-campus restaurant, real world externship experience, and special activities.
To learn more about the Academy, visit www.atlantic.edu/aca.
Turn up the heat in your kitchen by mastering new recipes and culinary skills through an Academy of Culinary Arts workshop.
These noncredit workshops are offered throughout the year in our professional kitchens. Topics range from holiday-themed entrees and desserts to Deep South cooking to healthy eating.
These workshops are open to all levels of experience. View a list of upcoming workshops and information on registering.