- 1 lb. Jumbo Lump Crabmeat, fresh or pasteurized
- 2 ea. Whole Eggs
- 1/2 cup Cracker Meal
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Place crabmeat in a bowl and carefully pick out shells - you do not want to break up the lumps.
- Add the eggs, cracker meal, parsley, salt and pepper to the crabmeat and carefully mix. Form into 4 large cakes.
- Heat a saute pan on the stove with enough oil to cover the bottom. When warm, add crab cakes and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes depending on heat. Flip and cook on other side for an additional 3 minutes. Serve with your choice of sauce.
One of Chef /ols favorite sauces for crab cakes:John
- 1 ea. Ripe Avocado, peeled and seed removed
- 2 ea. Egg Yolks
- 1 ea. Garlic Clove, large
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 pint Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- Combine avocado, egg yolks, garlic and mustard in the bowl of a food processor. Process until all ingredients are smooth. Gradually add the olive oil while the processor is running. Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
The Academy of Culinary Arts has more than 25 years experience training professional chefs.
Our award-winning, international faculty teach the skills necessary to succeed in the fast-paced, competitive culinary industry.
At the Academy of Culinary Arts, you can work toward a degree, take specialized courses, or just develop basic job skills. We offer accredited degree programs and certificate programs, that you can take on a full- or part-time basis.
We offer a mix of classes, hands-on labs, training at our on-campus restaurant, real world externship experience, and special activities.
To learn more about the Academy, visit www.atlantic.edu/aca.
Turn up the heat in your kitchen by mastering new recipes and culinary skills through an Academy of Culinary Arts workshop.
These noncredit workshops are offered throughout the year in our professional kitchens. Topics range from holiday-themed entrees and desserts to Deep South cooking to healthy eating.
These workshops are open to all levels of experience. View a list of upcoming workshops and information on registering.