Yield: 4-6 servings (One 8-inch square baking dish)
- 6-7 ea. Fresh Peaches (can substitute 2 lb. frozen Peaches, thawed)
- 1/4 cup Sugar (2 oz.)
- 1 tsp. Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Salt, to taste
- Peel and pit fresh Peaches, cut into 8 slices.
- Gently toss Peaches and sugar together in a bowl. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Drain Peaches in colander save only 1/4 cup of juice. Discard the rest.
- Whisk saved juice, Cornstarch, Lemon Juice and Salt together in a small bowl.
- Add juice mixture to Peach slices and transfer to baking dish.
- Bake in 425-degree oven until Peaches start to bubble, approximately 10 minutes. Set aside.
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar (2 oz.)
- 3/4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 5 tbsp. Unsalted Butter (2-½ oz.), cubed
- 1/3 cup Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
- In a bowl, combine Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt.
- Add cubed cold Butter and cut in until mix resembles course meal.
- Add Yogurt and mix just until dough is formed. Don’t over-mix.
- Form into 6 rough shaped oval mounds.
To assemble and bake
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place dough mounds on top of peaches 1/2 inch apart, not touching.
- Sprinkle dough with Sugar
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes
- Cool until warm and serve.
The Academy of Culinary Arts has more than 25 years experience training professional chefs.
Our award-winning, international faculty teach the skills necessary to succeed in the fast-paced, competitive culinary industry.
At the Academy of Culinary Arts, you can work toward a degree, take specialized courses, or just develop basic job skills. We offer accredited degree programs and certificate programs, that you can take on a full- or part-time basis.
We offer a mix of classes, hands-on labs, training at our on-campus restaurant, real world externship experience, and special activities.
To learn more about the Academy, visit www.atlantic.edu/aca.
Turn up the heat in your kitchen by mastering new recipes and culinary skills through an Academy of Culinary Arts workshop.
These noncredit workshops are offered throughout the year in our professional kitchens. Topics range from holiday-themed entrees and desserts to Deep South cooking to healthy eating.
These workshops are open to all levels of experience. View a list of upcoming workshops and information on registering.