Pan-seared Monk Fish
Pan-seared Monkfish over Tagliatelle Pasta
Yield: 2 portions
- 2 ea. Monkfish (4 oz. portions)
- 4 oz. Tagliatelle Pasta
- 5 ea. Roasted Garlic Cloves
- 5 ea. Olives
- 1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Fill a pot with water for Pasta and turn to high heat.
- Season Monkfish with Salt and Pepper.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium-high and add Olive Oil then the Monkfish. Sear the Monkfish till golden on each side.
- Add Garlic, Olives, Tomatoes and sauté to extract flavors. Add wine, wait 30 seconds then add Chicken Stock.
- Place Pasta in the boiling water. When the Pasta is cooked al-dente (about 9 minutes), add to the Monkfish with Butter.
- As the Butter melts it will add body and richness to the sauce. Slide into a bowl and place Monkfish on top.
The Academy of Culinary Arts has more than 25 years experience training professional chefs.
Our award-winning, international faculty teach the skills necessary to succeed in the fast-paced, competitive culinary industry.
At the Academy of Culinary Arts, you can work toward a degree, take specialized courses, or just develop basic job skills. We offer accredited degree programs and certificate programs, that you can take on a full- or part-time basis.
We offer a mix of classes, hands-on labs, training at our on-campus restaurant, real world externship experience, and special activities.
To learn more about the Academy, visit www.atlantic.edu/aca.
Turn up the heat in your kitchen by mastering new recipes and culinary skills through an Academy of Culinary Arts workshop.
These noncredit workshops are offered throughout the year in our professional kitchens. Topics range from holiday-themed entrees and desserts to Deep South cooking to healthy eating.
These workshops are open to all levels of experience. View a list of upcoming workshops and information on registering.