Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 ea. Butternut Squash, peeled and diced
- 4 oz. Onion, diced
- 4 oz. Celery
- 2 oz. Butter (can substitute oil)
- 1 tsp. Ginger
- Pinch Nutmeg
- 1 qt. Chicken Broth (Can use Vegetable Broth or Water)
- 4 oz. Heavy Cream (optional - omit for healthier alternative)
- In a heavy soup pot, melt the butter on medium heat. Add the onion and celery; cook until onions start to get translucent, and then add the squash.
- Add the ginger, nutmeg, salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add enough chicken broth to cover by about 3/4-inch - amount may vary depending upon the size of the squash. Bring up to a simmer and cook until the squash is very tender, about 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the dice.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and puree with an immersion blender or a regular blender. (If using a regular blender do not over fill, and place a towel over the top and keep you hand on it while blending to prevent the top from blowing off.)
- Return to pot and adjust seasoning and consistency. Finish with heavy cream.
The Academy of Culinary Arts has more than 25 years experience training professional chefs.
Our award-winning, international faculty teach the skills necessary to succeed in the fast-paced, competitive culinary industry.
At the Academy of Culinary Arts, you can work toward a degree, take specialized courses, or just develop basic job skills. We offer accredited degree programs and certificate programs, that you can take on a full- or part-time basis.
We offer a mix of classes, hands-on labs, training at our on-campus restaurant, real world externship experience, and special activities.
To learn more about the Academy, visit www.atlantic.edu/aca.
Turn up the heat in your kitchen by mastering new recipes and culinary skills through an Academy of Culinary Arts workshop.
These noncredit workshops are offered throughout the year in our professional kitchens. Topics range from holiday-themed entrees and desserts to Deep South cooking to healthy eating.
These workshops are open to all levels of experience. View a list of upcoming workshops and information on registering.