Patriotic Puff Pastry
Patriotic Puff Pastry
- 1 pkg. Frozen Puff Pastry, thawed for at least 2 hours
- 1 ea. Egg, mixed with 1 tsp. water for egg wash
- 1 lb. Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 oz. Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 pints Blueberries, washed
- Heat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Combine powdered sugar with cream cheese and vanilla by hand. Set aside.
- Roll puff pastry on floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness in the shape of a rectangle.
- Cut dough with star-shaped cookie cutter (2 stars are needed for each dessert.)
- Place half of the stars on a parchment- or foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Spoon a small dollop of the cheese mixture in the center of each star.
- Place 3 to 5 blueberries on the top of the cheese mixture.
- Brush egg wash around edges of each star. Place reserved stars on top.
- Seal stars by pinching edges of two pieces together with a fork. Cut a "V" in the center of each star to allow steam to escape.
- Place on cookie sheet one inch apart and bake until golden brown in color, about 12-15 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes and dust with powdered sugar.
- Arrange on a platter and sprinkle a few berries around for garnish.
Yield: Varies as to size of cookie cutter.
Note: The stars can be prepped a day in advance and refrigerated, then baked the day they are needed.
The Academy of Culinary Arts has more than 25 years experience training professional chefs.
Our award-winning, international faculty teach the skills necessary to succeed in the fast-paced, competitive culinary industry.
At the Academy of Culinary Arts, you can work toward a degree, take specialized courses, or just develop basic job skills. We offer accredited degree programs and certificate programs, that you can take on a full- or part-time basis.
We offer a mix of classes, hands-on labs, training at our on-campus restaurant, real world externship experience, and special activities.
To learn more about the Academy, visit www.atlantic.edu/aca.
Turn up the heat in your kitchen by mastering new recipes and culinary skills through an Academy of Culinary Arts workshop.
These noncredit workshops are offered throughout the year in our professional kitchens. Topics range from holiday-themed entrees and desserts to Deep South cooking to healthy eating.
These workshops are open to all levels of experience. View a list of upcoming workshops and information on registering.