The Atlantic Cape Community College Foundation, Inc.
Fundraising and Outreach Efforts:
As part of its fundraising and outreach efforts, the Atlantic Cape Foundation sponsors special events throughout the year to which the public is invited. Some activities sponsored by the Foundation include:
Atlantic Cape Community College Restaurant Gala
This black-tie event held each spring in Atlantic City draws an average attendance of 1,000 including area businessmen and women, community leaders, local dignitaries, casino executives and those who simply like to be where the action is. The mission of the Gala? To raise scholarship dollars for students of the Academy of Culinary Arts located on Atlantic Cape’s Mays Landing Campus.
Sponsorship opportunities for the Gala exist for companies aiming to promote their products and services to an influential, in-tune audience. Sponsors play an integral part of this high-profile, black-tie event gaining networking opportunities with prospective clients while giving back to the community. Sponsors experience an evening of memorable dining and community service by giving the gift of a college education to students in financial need. Numerous sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information, call the Restaurant Gala office at (609) 463-4672.
Hosted by Cape May National Golf Club, the Cape May County Championship Golf Tournament has raised more than $60,000 in the last three years for scholarships for Cape May County students of Atlantic Cape Community College. The 2012 Tournament raised approximately $25,000 for student aid at Atlantic Cape and drew more than 100 players. For more information, call the Atlantic Cape Foundation office at (609) 463-4511.
Opportunity Starts Here
The Atlantic Cape Capital & Scholarship Campaign is a collaborative fundraising effort between the College and the Atlantic Cape Foundation in support of two college-based initiatives:
- To secure the future of the scholarship endowment, offer legacy opportunities through named scholarships, and increase both the number and the dollar value of the scholarships awarded annually to needy students.
- To furnish and equip classrooms and laboratories in a new state-of-the-art, 24,000 square-foot Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Building on the Mays Landing campus. The STEM building facilities will support curriculum in the life and physical sciences including biology, chemistry, physics and computer science.
An investment in Atlantic Cape creates opportunity for many, empowers the local economy of Atlantic and Cape May Counties, and will pay dividends for years to come.
Why Atlantic Cape is a GOOD investment
Atlantic Cape provides tangible benefits to Atlantic and Cape May Counties.
- Atlantic Cape affords ready access to higher education that translates into better employment options for members of the community, and a stronger workforce for employers.
- Atlantic Cape leads its market in providing regional businesses with customized training to enhance the skills and productivity of incumbent and new workers.
- Atlantic Cape has trained more than 50,000 casino, hospitality and culinary workers through its Casino Career Institute and Academy of Culinary Arts.
- Atlantic Cape is the region’s leading trainer of registered nurses and health care professionals.
- Atlantic Cape offers more than 45 degree and transfer programs, as well as career training, technical certifications and basic skills workforce training to more than 7,500 degree-seeking students and 8,000 non-degree continuing education students each semester.
- Atlantic Cape graduates continue to reside and work in the region. Atlantic Cape alumni bring a wealth of skills and knowledge that increases the prosperity of their local communities.
We invite all community members to make a sound investment in Atlantic Cape by participating in the Capital & Scholarship Campaign.
If you would like to learn more about Atlantic Cape’s Scholarship & Capital Campaign and the investment opportunities available to you, please contact Maria Kellett, Director of Major Gifts at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (609) 463-3670.